Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Elevator Genie

Here's an old advertising joke. Forgive me, all you other old farts who remember this, but I feel obligated to keep it in circulation. You know, for the sake of the children.

Three people enter an elevator, an art director, a copywriter, and an account executive. On the way up a genie appears to them. "I'm the Elevator Genie," he says, "And I'm here to grant each of you your life's wish."

The copywriter says, "Oh, well, I've always wanted to retire to a little bucolic cottage in Scotland and write my novel, taking long walks with my dog oe'r the heath in the Highlands."

"Granted!" says the Elevator Genie and, "poof," the copywriter disappears to a little bucolic cottage in Scotland.

The art director says, "I've always admired the way Gaugin dropped out of the bourgeois world and went to Tahiti to paint half-naked Polynesian girls. He did his best work in Tahiti. I've wanted to do something like that."

"Granted!" says the Elevator Genie and, "poof," the art director is whisked away to Tahiti to paint half-naked Polynesian girls like Gaugin did.

The Elevator Genie finally turns to the account executive and asks, "And what is your life's wish?"

The account executive says, "We're on our way up to a client presentation in five minutes, and I want those two jerkoffs back here right now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment